WITHDRAW YOUR CONSENT ANY TIME
If you do not wish to accept cookies in connection with your use of the Platform, you will need to delete and block or disable cookies via your browser settings; see below for more information on how to do this. Please note that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of the Platform and may prevent you from being able to access certain features on the Platform.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that may be stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer when you visit our Platform. Cookies contain information about your visits to that Platform. A cookie is a small piece of data that a Platform asks your browser to store on your computer or mobile device. The cookie allows the Platform to “remember” your actions or preferences over time. Most browsers support cookies, but users can set their browsers to decline them and can delete them whenever they like.
- Help you navigate between pages on the Platform efficiently
- Protect your security
- Remember information about your preferences and recognize you when you return to our Platform
- Allow us to customize our Platform according to your individual interests
- Measure how people are using our services in order to improve our services and browsing experience
- Personalize advertising and make the content more relevant for you
- Speed up your searches
- Make our Platform easier to use
- Generally give you a better online experience
Cookies are not unsafe or in themselves a threat to your online privacy, as we do not store sensitive information. The cookies used on our Platform never collect anything that personally identifies you, such as your name or address, and we never sell your details to any third parties.
HOW ARE COOKIES USED?
We use “analytics” cookies, which, in conjunction with our web server’s log files, allow us to calculate the aggregate number of people visiting our Platform and which parts of our Platform are most popular. This helps us gather feedback so that we can improve our Platform and better serve our users. We do not generally store any personal information that you provide to us in a cookie.
We also use “social media” cookies to personalize your interaction with third-party social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook, where our Platform uses such features. Such cookies recognize users of these social media sites when you view social media content on our Platform. They also allow you to quickly share content across media, through the use of simple “sharing” buttons.
WHAT ARE DIFFERENT TYPES OF COOKIES?
First-party cookies – these are our own cookies set by our Platform, controlled by us and used to provide information about the usage of our Platform.
Third-party cookies – these are cookies from any other domain. We use a number of suppliers that may also set cookies on your device on our behalf when you visit our Platform to allow them to deliver the services they are providing.
HOW LONG DO COOKIES STAY ON YOUR COMPUTER?
Cookies that are used on a Platform may be either session cookies or persistent cookies.
- Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain on your device until you leave the Platform.
- Persistent cookies are stored on your hard drive until you delete them or they reach their expiry date. These may, for example, be used to remember your preferences when you use the Platform and recognize you on your return.
WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE?
Strictly Necessary cookies: Some cookies are essential for the operation of our Platform. These cookies are essential in helping you to move around our Platform and use the features, such as accessing secure areas of the Platform. We may use Strictly Necessary cookies to:
- Remember the goods and services you selected when you get to the payment page.
- Identify you as being logged in to the site
- Provide access to protected areas of a Platform
- Remember previously entered text so it’s not lost if the page refreshes
Consent is not required for Strictly Necessary cookies, as they are required for us to provide the services requested by you.
Performance cookies: These cookies simply help us improve the way our Platform works. We utilize these cookies to analyze how our visitors use our Platform and to monitor our Platform performance. They tell us how people use each page, which ones are most commonly viewed, or whether any errors occurred. This allows us to provide a high-quality experience and quickly identify then fix any issues that arise. We may use Performance cookies to:
- Store preferences to see which method of linking between pages is most effective
- Enable web analytics to provide anonymous statistics on how our Platform is used
- To assist with error management in helping us improve the Platform by measuring any errors that occur
- Monitor ad response rates and see how effective our adverts are
Functionality cookies: We use Functionality cookies to allow us to remember your preferences. For example, we may store your geographic location in a cookie to ensure that we show you our Platform localized for your area. We also use Functionality cookies to provide you with enhanced services such as allowing you to watch a video online or comment on a blog. We may use Functionality cookies to:
- Remember settings you have applied such as layout, colors, font sizes and page backgrounds
- Remember if we’ve already asked you if you want to fill in a survey
- Detect if you have already seen a pop-up to ensure it doesn’t get shown to you again
- Process a request from a user to submit a comment or blog or forum post
If you delete these Functionality cookies, any preferences or settings you selected will not be retained for later visits.
Targeting cookies: These cookies help us make sure the adverts you see on our Platform are relevant to you and your interests. Cookies may be placed on your device by our third-party service providers, which remember that you have visited a Platform in order to provide you with targeted adverts which are more relevant to you. However, we do not tell our advertisers who you are. We may use Targeting cookies to:
- Collect information about browser habits to target advertising
- Collect information about browser habits to target Platform content
- Provide links to social networks like Facebook
- Provide advertising agencies with information on your visit so that they can present you with adverts you may be interested in
HOW TO MANAGE YOUR COOKIES
- Internet Explorer
- Google ChromeSafari
If you use different devices to access our Platform (e.g. your computer, mobile) you will need to ensure that each browser on each device is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences. Mobile phone users may have to refer to their handset manual for details on how to block cookies using their mobile browser.
The Help feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on’s settings or visiting the Platform of its manufacturer.
LINKS TO OTHER PLATFORMS